We Reap Now, the Previously Sown Harvest; We can Only Affect Future Harvests
I. Whatever we did last year, last month, last week, even yesterday is over and past,
- Today we cannot change what was sown and what was or will be reaped as a consequence; whatever was produced stands as the record of the lives we live.
- We must not wallow in self-pity or worry over having failed to produce anything glorifying to Yehovah yesterday, or last week.
- We also must not relax our effort just because the Ruach ha Kodesh led and blessed, as we were obedient to Him and the Word.
For it is better, if the will of Elohim be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.I Peter 3:17
II. We must learn from, and live with, the 'error of our ways'.
- Failures do not mean we are 'a failure'. Believing we are failures, can cause us to lose heart, neutralizing us, and our ability to use our life and the gifts Yehovah has given us.
- Remember that by confessing our sins to Yehovah, and knowing and resting in the fact we are forgiven through Messiah, which means we can move ahead for the Lord and get on with life regardless of our past.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.1 John 1:9
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom Yehovah imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah. I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto Yehovah; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.Psalm 32:1-8
- We must see and use the trials caused by our errors as character builders.
- Forgetting the past we press on to the future with a renewed commitment to obey Yehovah.
Ill. We must commit ourselves to the coming harvest.
- We must press on in our lives by sowing for the future and toward the upward call of Yehovah in Messiah,whether we have experienced victory and growth, or failure, and/or a lack of growth.
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of Elohim in Messiah Yehoshua. Philippians 3:13-14
IV. We must not judge our harvest by the standards of the world and its ideas of success.
- Because the foolishness of el is wiser than men; and the weakness of El is stronger than men.For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:But El hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and el hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath El chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:That no flesh should glory in his presence.But of him are ye in Messiah Yehoshua, who of El is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in Yehovah.
I Corinthians 1:25-31
Don't be afraid to lose it all and suffer persecution besides in the process of doing what is right in Yehovah's eyes. And Yehoshua answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. Mark 10:29,30
- Success comes by being obedient to Yehovah and growing in character.
Be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for Yehovah thy Elohim is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:7-9
Remember, concentrate on sowing what is right today.
- ...seek ye first the kingdom of Elohim, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Go to Law of the Harvest #7
Back to Laws of the Harvest index